23.11.12

Hockey


So the other day the NHL made the players a pretty reasonable offer but today on Sports Center I see Shane Doan whinning. I'll quote this as best as possible...SHANE DOAN
"if someone is gonna rob you they say give me your money or I will hurt you, not give me your money and I'm gonna hurt you! thats how we feel."
Well Shane Doan let's do some math.
  • You've been in the NHL for 16 years
  • you've made $41,294,000 in those 16 years.
  • Which averages out to $2,580,875 per year and $31,474.09 per game.
  • Last year you averaged 21:02 min of ice time per game so basically you get paid $31,474.09 for 21 minutes of hard work.
Oh but on a plus side to play hockey, and not for long but from September until June if you make it that far and then you get the whole summer off to play golf and relax. WOW what a tough life! So really? Shane Doan, really?? are you gonna be that hurt if you lose $50,000, $500,000 or even a Million $ this year? or next year?? Give your head a shake and next time you wake up in the morning in your MANSION and look in the mirror I hope you realize how ridiculous you sounded when saying that to the Media.
Lastly I'll leave you with this since you are Canadian. The 3 jobs I'm about to list are technically all jobs that are considered on duty 24/7/365 but they all get some time off here and there so I broke their average salaries up based off working 200 days a year.
  • Avg pay per day of work - Canadian Cop - $412.27
  • Avg pay per day of work - Canadian Soldier - $343.25
  • Avg pay per day of work - Canadian Doctor - $1,216.67
Now that being said why should YOU get paid $31,474.09 to play 21:02 minutes of a hockey game?
Shut-up and play already!

No comments:

Post a Comment