23.11.12

Driving Grandma

> Grandma is eighty-eight years old and still drives her own car. She
> writes:
>
> Dear Grand-daughter,
>
> The other day I went up to our local Christian book store and saw a 
> 'Honk if you love Jesus' bumper sticker ..
>
> I was feeling particularly sassy that day because I had just come from 
> a thrilling choir performance, followed by a thunderous prayer 
> meeting..
>
> So, I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper.
>
> Boy, am I glad I did; what an uplifting experience that followed.
>
> I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection, just lost in 
> thought about the Lord and how good he is, and I didn't notice that 
> the light had changed.
>
> It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus because if he hadn't 
> honked, I'd never have noticed.
>
> I found that lots of people love Jesus!
>
> While I was sitting there, the guy behind started honking like crazy, 
> and then he leaned out of his window and screamed, 'For the love of 
> God!'
>
> 'Go! Go! Go! Jesus Christ, GO!'
>
> What an exuberant cheerleader he was for Jesus!
>
> Everyone started honking!
>
> I just leaned out my window and started waving and smiling at all 
> those loving people.
>
> I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love!
>
> There must have been a man from Florida back there because I heard him 
> yelling something about a sunny beach..
>
> I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only his middle finger 
> stuck up in the air.
>
> I asked my young teenage grandson in the back seat what that meant.
>
> He said it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign or something.
>
> Well, I have never met anyone from Hawaii , so I leaned out the window 
> and gave him the good luck sign right back.
>
> My grandson burst out laughing.
>
> Why even he was enjoying this religious experience!!
>
> A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that 
> they got out of their cars and started walking towards me.
>
> I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is 
> when I noticed the light had changed.
>
> So, grinning, I waved at all my brothers and sisters, and drove on 
> through the intersection.
>
> I noticed that I was the only car that got through the intersection 
> before the light changed again and felt kind of sad that I had to 
> leave them after all the love we had shared.
>
> So I slowed the car down, leaned out the window and gave them all the 
> Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away. Praise the Lord 
> for such wonderful folks!!
>
> Will write again soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment