24.1.13

The Welfare office:

A  woman  walks into the downtown welfare office, trailed by 15 kids. 
 
"WOW,"   the social worker exclaims, "are they all yours?" 
 
"Yep,   they all mine," the flustered momma sighs, having heard that  question a  thousand times before. 
 
She  says, "Sit  down Leroy."  All the children rush to find seats.   
 
"Well,'  says the social worker, then you must be  here to sign up. I'll need all your  children's names."  
 
''Well,  to keep it simple, the boys are all named  Leroy and the girls are all named  Leighroy." 
 
In  disbelief,  the case worker says, "Are you serious? They're ALL named Leroy?"   
 
Their  momma replied, "Well, yes-it makes it easier.  When it's time to get them out  of bed and ready for school, I  yell, 'Leroy!' An' when it's time for dinner, I  just yell 'Leroy!'  An they all comes a runnin.  An' if'n I need to stop  the kid  who's running into the street, I just yell Leroy' and all of them   stops. It's the smartest idea I ever had, namin' them all Leroy."  
 
The  social worker thinks this over for a bit, then  wrinkles her forehead and says  tentatively, "But what if you just  want ONE kid to come, and not the whole  bunch?" 
 
"Then  I  calls them by they last names." 

No comments:

Post a Comment